Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Activate the Emergency Response system

I had my Emergency Room rotation today at the same hospital where I work at today.  It is always nice to get a break from the repetative Med-Surg routine I have been doing for two semesters now.  I was in the ER for about 8 hours today and it was INSANE.  Couple of main events of the day I gave...

3 Intramuscular Injections - Deltoid and Ventro-Gluteal(huge needle)

1 IV line started

1 NasoGastric tube inserted

1 viewing of an inctubation 

1 viewing of defibrilation ( one of my life long dreams is to defibrilate someone.  I know it's twisted)

1 suppositorial medication insertion... haha.

After today I'm thinking ER nursing may be enough excitement to hold my interest.  I get to watch a surgery tomorrow though... so we shall see.

No comments: