Thursday, March 5, 2009

medical tape.

So jessica just got a Wii for her birthday.  This in turn means now I have a means of practicing for gaming that has taken place at my family's family gatherings ever since... (yeah, I was planning on finishing that sentence but i do not remember a time that videogames were not a part of my familiys celebratory events).  There was a time when each family had an N64 in it's household, so when we got to competing, everyone was pretty fimiliar with the games/controls. I am now however more of a Xbox360 "gamer" putting me at a slight disadvantage to the already "gamer gamers" that is my family. Because the Wii has the huge perk of having many games with the option of 4 players, the Wii is obviously the go to system at all parties.  That being said...

... Me and Jessica rented Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.  This game has an option to be used with a Wii gun.  I got one of the Wii guns for free with a wii remote battery charger purchase via ebay.  So in order for me and jessica to play at the same time I either had to buy another Wii gun... or make one.  Pictures shown below.  


I ended up finally using this wooden sake set i bought in SanFran last year as the base and some medical tape.  I think it works/feels ten times better than the wii gun.



4 comments:

Elisha Marie said...

ahahaha! That's hilarious!

Andrew C. said...

nice! very macguyver-esque :)

glad you could join the wii family. good game to play too.

Michelle B. said...

hahaha! i love it!

reminds me of all the things i used to do with medical tape... like the time when i wrapped it around dan to make him a mummy. :)

Mae Gagajena said...

GREAT IDEA CHRIS! Whatever works-let the games begin. We got the Wii too but lately more into the Wii fit-although those can get competitive too.I have a Resident Evil game - not sure which version but I get so scared out of my wits that I have to turn off the sound but then its still scary and fun. I like holding the gun...